Oil consumption Big Time!

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, I was hoping that the head work was the problem and it was fixed. What are they going to do now? Is it still using as much as before? I have thought that an injector was my problem all along, but I have been told that's not the problem, they rebuilt them, I ask if it was just the tip that was rebuilt or the complete injector, (internals all done). Can't really get a straight answer, so probably "NOT". What does the guy think now?

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
Don't buy injectors from Diesel Care

Well, I am not sure what they are going to do...the injector company has basically told me to take a hike (THANKS DIESEL CARE) and I have not spoken to the dealership as they have been closed this weekend. My hope is they will eat most of this repair on the head as the truck still is the same as when I brought it in. Yes is uses just as much oil as before. If it is an injector , at this point it has to be, then I feel completely justified in going to court over it.

Same story here, my injectors are all rebuilt and they keep telling me they are not the problem...but if this is the problem it will be 3 unique and different defective injectors out of 8. One made too long, one that just did not work and now at least one that squirts oil.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think maybe that should they replace all 8 again, under warranty hopefully, since this is the only thing left, or so it seems. I had mine rebuilt with pistons, rings and the complete rebuild, 2 NEW turbo's and still doing the same thing as yours. The only thing is that since the injectors have been in and out so many times it seems to be getting worse. Something internal is my thinking, maybe the ULSD is taking effect on the injectors, but I have always ran Diesel Kleen in mine, and done the maint. at FORD for records until it started using oil and then Ford basically told me to pay or get lost, it wasn't anything they done, but it started just after the oil change from them.....

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
I am not sure, I really don't think it is all 8. In fact I am down to one of 3. Either 2, 4, or 6. It used oil before number 8 and 5 were changed and because I now have verified it is only mixing on the left bank it has to be one of those or maybe all of them. I am not sure how to isolate it past this point. Maybe I should just have them send 3 more and exchange them. If I had time I could try it one at a time. What a pain in the butt.

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
I did it the first time, and before that I had pulled it down to do the glow plugs, and another time to do the harnesses. I would have done all the work but I cannot work on my truck and then hop in it and go repo all night. No sleep is dangerous when you are towing. It's at the dealer again now so hopefully they will have some good news soon.

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
It was an injector - junk cores needed fast!

Got the truck back from the dealership, they tried to pull a fast one on me and had changed out 4 injectors before asking me. Made a complicated situation because my old ones could have been exchanged. Anyway I got them to completely wave the first 3770 repair and I paid for the 4 injectors. I still keep the new head that I did not need.

They say it is fixed. I will see tonight. I still need to negotiate with the injector company. I do not know what one was bad so they will need to be returned for diagnosis. But now I need cores to give to Ford....anyone have any junk cores?

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have 1,3,5 or so junk ones also in my truck. Let me know if this fixes it. I am curious to find out if it fixed it. I HOPE IT DOES honestly I do, I only know your pain oh so much......Thanks for the update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58