Oil consumption Big Time!

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schreckman, if this guy figures out what and where the oil is going then maybe it may be worth the trip (TN to CO) to take mine to him also.

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
Initial diagnosis in...

They put die in the oil and pressurued the rail. Oil getting in the fuel on left bank. No blow by no other issues. He beleives it is a cut o-ring or a faulty injector. I told him to tear it down and figure it out. I will be shocked if it is the o-ring after they have been changed twice. Will know more tomorrow.

Last edited:

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that's all it is. I would be inclined that it would be an injector. I know mine has had at least 6 sets of O-Rings put on it. I thinks mine is an injector or 2 maybe. Keep me informed. I like the dye idea, will give the idea to my mechanic, or drive to yours if he fixes it for you.....lol

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
I am taking donations

Well here is the story. A chipped area where the number 8 pink o-ring sits in the bore. Won't seal and they cannot clean it up. Time for a new head. They tested all the injectors for pressure and vacuum and they hold. I hope this test is accurate because the bill is going to be 4 grand. Ouch. This is the same cyl. that had the defective injector installed and because it never used oil before I am thinking that this is what caused it. If Diesel Care will not make this right with me I am going to blow my own gasket.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the update schreckman. I will suggest the test that your mechanic done to be done on mine. I feel your pain on the cost of things. I have also invested enough to half way buy a GOOD used truck in this thing. Mine has been going on just over a year now. But this is hopefully good news for you as maybe they can fix the problem and NOT have the bill be 4k. Are they going to get just a new head or are they doing other work on it as well?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
hey, that's cool...
they need props for standing in front of what they sell...

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schreckman, have someone check out this place: Your Premiere Source for Ford Truck Parts and Accessories I have ordered from them before and got the parts quicker than most places, and their price was almost half of the local Ford STEALERSHIP (dealership I mean). If they are replacing both heads and labor and maybe head studs included. If only 1 head the 4K seems kinda alot high.......

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
Update after new head

Still using oil, I have to think at this point it has to be a defective injector. Leaking internally. Another 4 grand down the tubes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14