Oil consumption Big Time!

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
ok il chime in.

he said in his first post that the tech said no blow by, he also said that it did not eat oil before. that is, before his injector repair. This is a great way to dump oil into the combustion and make it magically disappear. Id guess...... no Id be willing to bet whom ever installed injectors cut a ring or cracked a cup er something.

yes the new injectors are working so they will pass a buzz test, but a buzz test will not show a leak. pull the glow plugs one by one till you find the one that is covered in oil, and r&r that injector and maybe cup.

9 out of 10 times if something new is happening after a repair, you screwed something up.:innocent

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, but they will cause oil to enter the cylinder. I agree with iracemine and re-install the two that you replaced. The o-ring may be shot.

Dave

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
replaced turbo

well looks like all I can do is spend money. I had the turbo rebuilt just so i could eliminate it. Now I think it uses more oil than before. I was suspect of the o-rings that is why I had them all replaced when they did the oter two injectors. I don't think my oil is staying in long enough to even contaminate a sample. This the first time I have heard anyone tell me how to spot the cylinder with oil ussage by looking at the glow plug. Guys "this is important" I was unemployed for one year before starting this venture and I have dummped 4 thousand dollars into this issue that I should not be spending! I cannot keep throwing money at this issue. This engine never used oil before.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
pulling glow plugs should be a free way to check your work that you had done before. in fact, have the dude that did you injector work do it for free.

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schreckman, I feel your pain. OH SO MUCH, I have the SAME problem as you, with the oil consumption. Have had o-rings changed half dozen times (for free) new glow plugs put in, engine rebuilt, injectors rebuilt, heads rebuilt, recently had all 8 injector cups replaced, 2 NEW turbo's and everytime it gets a little bit worse. Question for everyone is there anyway for the oil and fuel rails to be close enough together in the head for a small crack in one of them to effect it (ie. high oil pressure side with slight hairline crack passing into a small crack in the fuel rail) I don't know if this is how it really works but at this point, like Schreckman said I don't have the money to put in it either. Or should I just take the .44 and put it out of misery like the old horse?

Last edited:

schreckman

Schreck The Tech
Reaction score
I had to take some cool down time guys...sorry, just I am very frustrated. I took the truck to the best ps guy in the state on Friday. They were going to perform an oil die test to see if it is getting into the fuel rails. Unfortunatley they guy in the shop who was going to work on it had his Mom pass away and he won't be back at least until Monday. So I will try agin then. I am just not thinking it could be o-rings as they have all been replaced again and again. I am either thinking faulty made injector...or the crack thing the Ckyle is thinking of. I dunno! I took time today to play with my good PS today and do an oil change ( going to use the old oil in the problem truck!) It's a great way to burn it up. Anyone else have oil they need to get rid of? I can burn 2 gallons a night easy.

Hope it will be figured out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14