Plant drive kit install

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay progress, made most of the mounting brackets for the filters fhpe. front tank dropped and ready to install the hot fox. need to grab a 1 5/8 hole saw for my metal tank. gonna install it forward of the sending unit. On the tank their is small vent tube that is plugged off. i was thinking of using it as my vent for my wvo tank. im gonna mount the polluck valve where the ford tank switch is, just a head of the front tank. i plan on running everything on the inside of the driver side frame rail, fuel lines and just running the cooliant down the inside passenger frame rail and crossing over to the driver side. well after to grab the hole saw. if anyone has any better ideas let me know.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That vent is connected to your rollover-valve..It's got a "plug" in there, but it's not really a plug. It allows airflow, but keeps debris out of there. When you put your tank up, make sure you've got it out of the way. I pinched it and it gave me hell until I got it fixed..

Got any pics?

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no troubles yet. its just slow going for me. the reason i have 2 weeks off is i had my tonsils removed and my soft pallet trimmed. so i dont feel that good with all the meds im on and also that my throat and mouth feels like i drank razor blades. i have been giving it as much as i can but i do have to stop here and there. I'm hoping to have all the plumbing done today. then purge all the lines and start the wiring hopefully tomorrow.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what have u guys done for the fuel gauge? or how do i wire it so that the dash gauge works for both when i switch the polluck valve from diesel to wvo? also on the return line to the wvo tank did u guys just use one of the factory lines on the sending unit assembly. im a bit confused on how it goes with the looped return. i know u take the return line and t it back in the feed line but what about the return line from the polluck valve to the wvo tank? also i cant upload my pics, said i need to inform a admin guy?

Last edited:

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Your fuel gauge should still work. I think you probably cut out our stock fuel switch...you need to keep that installed, just splice into the two wires to run the pollack. (That's how I did mine, you might need to use the other wires coming into the pollack to make that work, but I'm not sure.....the way I did it works, anyways)

2. Here's a crude drawing to try to show how I did it. Blue is supply, Red is return. If you've got questions, post up...
pollack.bmp

At the tank, I took off the stock hose and ran new stuff all the way to the tank connections. I had to do that because my hose ran on the other side of the truck. If I could, I would use as much of the stock line as you can.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14