Plant drive kit install

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanx, that really helps. where abouts did u install your polluck valve i mounted mine by the transfer case but im thinking i should move it forward.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine about the same spot. I don't think it really matters. The closer to the engine, the shorter your purge times are going to be. The closed to the engine, the more hose you need (cause you need three hoses to the back, rather than two to the front.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how long does it take u to purge bbressler? progres report: back all plumbed all the way up to front just need to plumb in the lift pump then vegtherm mega and to hpop

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if donaldson has a cross reference number for my vegmax filter? ramco performance manufacturing makes the turbofyner(my vegmax filter and housing) and their filter number is RF900D

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purge in about 2 - 3 miles. After I switch, I watch for the temp gauge to go back down to ambient.... I'm sure that it's completely purged by then, because a lot of heat is retained by my brass connections for the sender...

Sounds like you're about to have it whipped!

I've looked for a cross for their filter, haven't found anything yet. You can order them straight from Ramco for a decent price... I still have my original filters on, probably done close to 10K on them... I do have two extras I carry with me though...

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any good ideas on what kind of lube to use when getting the 3/8 fuel line to slide into the bigger hose for protection and insulation? I was thinking water and soap?

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trying to get the vinyl 3/8 id tubing to go into some rubber 1/2 id tubing. it slides in easy for the first foot or so then it binds up. i tried soap and water but it didnt work. i will try diesel

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You doing that for insulation? I did mine just for connections on the filter, so I didn't have to run it that long up in there..

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i insulated both the cooliant loop and the fuel lines. thats what everyone told me to do. my cooliant loop is all 1/2 id rubber hose that i insulated with this orange tube that is abrasion resistant it has a little space inside when the cooliant line is inside of it, so the extra air will act as a insulator. the fuel lines i used the vinyl line and i'm using 1/2 id rubber hose to insulate it. i havent tried the diesel yet to see if it helps to make it slide in easier into the tube. i will use 30r9 for before and after the vegtherm. did u install your vegtherm before or after the lift pump? how did u purge the cooliant loop and also the fuel lines?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14