Plant drive kit install

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mounted my Vegtherm like hheynow did...works really good.

On top of the filter, where the cover used to go, there are those two bolts sticking up...use the P clips on that to hold the vegtherm. I probably have a 5 inch run of 30r9 from the end of the vegtherm to the pump...

Purging the coolant loop shouldn't be a problem...just let it run, and fill up the radiator periodically...air will work itself out of that line no problem.

I made a lucky mistake that purged my WVO line. Remember I had pinched the vent hose when lifting my tank up? I started in the morning, and as the temp raised, the pressure in the tank built up. it started squirting fuel out as I was running the plumbing...so as I ran the hose, it went ahead & filled itself! Since you did a looped return, it's a bit more difficult to purge air from that line. What you'll have to do is run it for a while, and switch between tanks every 30 seconds or so. That will push the air back to the diesel tank.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so vegtherm before the lift pump. thanx again for all help bressler hheynow. i hope to have the polluck valve wired in today and most of the lines purged.

Last edited:

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress of sorts, i fired her up and she ran for about 3 minutes then died. Took awhile to get her going again but after i got all the air bled out of the lines and some cranking she ran. But she was stuck in safe mode. check engine light and overdrive light flashing. turns out my brother law pinched some wires under the dash and we spend a few hours looking for that. With the cut of a zip tye problem fixed. Still have a bit to do: wire in vegtherm mega, a proper wire job on the polluck valve buzzer and switch. I'm trying to use the factory tank switch on the dash for my toogle switch. So as of right now the diesel side works. tomorrow i hope to tackle the veggie side. Oh yea i have noticed that on my gauge off the fpr that now with the 3/8 line its on reads 25psi. before it was anywhere from 50 to 70psi. Does that sound normal?

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSI should be the same...especially on diesel. I haven't hooked my gauge back up on WVO since I converted, so I don't really know.

Sounds like you are really close! I used my stock switch....just use a voltmeter to find out which wires at the stock tank selector are used when the switch is moved, and use those same two wires on your pollack (and the trigger for the vegtherm relay)

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still having major problems with not getting enough fuel pressure. i can only get about 21psi max at my fpr. Stuck at a stand still on the install till i can fix this. Also im not getting any fuel out of my return line. Any ideas would be sooooooo helpful.

Last edited:

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Low fuel pressure on vegoil AND on diesel?

Is your vegoil return looped? Maybe there is an air lock? :dunno Run it on VO and disconnect the return line right before the tee to bleed out any air then reconnect and re-check fuel pressure. Better yet, get a 1/4" female tee with 3/8" hose barbs on each end and a mini ball valve in the middle. This can be installed in the return loop as an easy means to bleed off any air since it's a closed system.

7.3turbodiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay i finally have the diesel problem fixed. polluck valve was the calprit. I plumbed how the diagram says and checked to see what way the valves where open but some how i guess they got mixed up. After checking everything i switched it and problem solved. A nice solid 70 psi at the fpr. It's more constant then before, it used to flick between 50 and 70 constantly. So now i'm onto purging the veg oil lines and then wiring in the vegtherm and the two gauges. Getting closer.Tomorrow i should be able to go for my maiden voyage.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
As mentioned above purging air from the VO lines is a bit tricky. Use a mighty-vac to prime the line then run with looped return not connected until its air free. Better than a 1/4" tee with a drain valve it a 3-way diverter valve plumbed in the return line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14