Satelite Radio

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Jamie,the U tools should slide in and both "click" at that point place outward pressure on each U toll while pulling the stereo outward. The stereo contacting edges might be sticky from dried coffee,soda,juice,etc and in that case a light shot of windex/glass cleaner around the edges might be enough to break the sticky surfaces loose enough to draw the stereo out.:sweet

Give er a shot and lemme know how it goes.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I think I may have the wrong tools. I just looked online at the one at Wally world and the tips look a bit different than the ones I got at Pep Boys. The one from that says Pep Boys is the one I have. It says its for Fords. Am I supposed to have the one from Wal Mart?

Wal Mart
0003399142011_500X500.jpg

Pep Boys
ce70_1.JPG

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
my sirius kinda sounds a littil AM ish is this normal?

I live in northern IL and do not have a lot of "open channels" right now its at 88.1. and im using the direct connect option too. all the "s" sounds are alittil distorted to. any tricks or is this norm?? thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
88.7 mhz is what I use on mine. You would be a little AMish if you are indeed off channel.

Dave

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I have used the Pep Boys ones and they work on my truck with the stock radio.

Dave

Thats wierd. I've tried it on my truck and my Dads truck, both with stock radios, and it doesn't work on either one. I've tried putting pressure to the outside ,inside,top, and bottom and all it does is just slip right back out.
I can't push them in any further either. I'm going to make a stop at Wal Mart and see if theirs does any better.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Push them in until they just "click" into the taps. Any further won't help. I don't think it is a tool problem, maybe an operator error???

Dave

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Well, I got the ones from Wal Mart and they worked like a charm that sucker slid out so easy I almost dropped it. Sat is in and crystal clear now. Lovin it. Thanks for all the responses guys.:sweet

Pics will be up soon.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had problems removing my radio so I removed the slide in cup holder and stuck my hand through to the back of the radio.

It was a tight squeeze but I was able to manage. I keep my XM radio on a normal radio station so when I lose the signal or shut the unit off I still hear music and not static.

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I had problems removing my radio so I removed the slide in cup holder and stuck my hand through to the back of the radio.

It was a tight squeeze but I was able to manage. I keep my XM radio on a normal radio station so when I lose the signal or shut the unit off I still hear music and not static.

Good Idea Mike. I just assumed there would be some bleed through on a broadcasting channel, but I'll have to give it a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr