Stock Intake Feed Duct Mod?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Chewman said:
Pertaining the Zoodad modification:

I am concerned with rain/snow gettign in and making the airfilter wet.

Have any of you experienced this driving in adverse conditions?
We been running with the intake opening mod for going on 3 years and have driven over Sierra Nevada snow to the pouring rains of Texas and haven't had any issues.

During the summer when the bugs get abit heavy on goes the bug screen for the grille :sweet

Bill

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Vindicator said:
Exactly like that BDTank :thumbs Except, I cut the whole piece out. I didn't make it purty like yours ;)
Mine is a little different. I drilled an series of 7/16 holes(6 rows of 4) where the Zoodad goes. It may take away from any Ram air effect there might be, but it has to be better than the stock setup.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Chewman said:
Pertaining the Zoodad modification:

I am concerned with rain/snow gettign in and making the airfilter wet.

Have any of you experienced this driving in adverse conditions?

I've been running this mod since the truck was new, never knew it was called Zoodad. I've heard of Zoodad for years from the other site but never looked into it. I remember the only problem any posted on it was that they were muddin and crossed a deep stream, but I think if you do that kinda thing with these heavy nosed trucks your asking for it. If you are truly concerned about the rain and snow then disconnect your battery cables on the drivers side, take the top of the airbox off and find the factory drain holes in the bottom of the intake tube. You can enlarge these holes if desired, and then take a look at how the are has to turn a 90 degree corner, then turn up 90 degrees, the towards the turbo 90 degrees. I would add another drain hole at the first corner for any rain, snow etc. Once you have looked at the amount of turning the rain/snow would have to do I think you'll be convinced and will do the mod. Gassers are now running cone filters behind the front airdamn and even in the front wheel wells, talk about water intake :eek: Heck maybe you'll see all those nasty bends and turns in the tube and get an AFE stage II if you can handle the noise. AFE stage II and Zoodad ROCK!!! : zigbang: :cool:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Mine is a little different. I drilled an series of 7/16 holes(6 rows of 4) where the Zoodad goes. It may take away from any Ram air effect there might be, but it has to be better than the stock setup.
I may have went a little Overkill but hey it works! :D

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I may have went a little Overkill but hey it works! :D
I know this is off subject, but what is that little sensor looking thing that is next to the radiator mounted right below where the Zoodad holes go? Sorry for the off sub but your pic made me think about it again.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
I know this is off subject, but what is that little sensor looking thing that is next to the radiator mounted right below where the Zoodad holes go? Sorry for the off sub but your pic made me think about it again.
Actually that's the air temperature sensor for the overhead console display:)

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
yer first two links gives my egyptian hieroglyphics there What :)
the third seems to work

try again I was editing my post while you were reading I think.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
A little help on how to ghange the wording on my link like CHP did would be nice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14