Stock Intake Feed Duct Mod?

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
It was 100 today but some rain came through on my part of town and that made it steamier and only supposed to be 98 tomorrow then 100+ the next 3 days. I mowed my yard yesterday, it was 99 so I had it floored trying to get some air. Nascar impersonation "yup the Chemlawn, Scotts, Tampax, Masengale, Lamasil, John Deere LT180 was runnin purtty good today, JR took a little wedge out and we went down a pound on the right front and that got us a new track record. The guy's back at the shop had er tuned up and that got the Prozac, Cieallis, KC Masterpiece, Johnsonville, Deere on the pole for sunday."

LMAO!!! :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can relate !!!!
My wife cracks up at me LEANING into the turns on the L110 !!!

But then she screams at me for the scalping it does in high gear on the High banked turns :)

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
I can relate !!!!
My wife cracks up at me LEANING into the turns on the L110 !!!

But then she screams at me for the scalping it does in high gear on the High banked turns :)
My mom does that to my dad also. I dont mind, it helps me hit my marks for the best lap times :D

Hey Tom, I may not be long for FTE check this out: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2824406#post2824406

I posted a link to the WIKI here on replacing the CPS and they removed it, stating it violated there rules. SO I found the rule. You can help people by giving them information, but it can ONLY be information found on there site. :nono: WOW how helpful is that???
SORRY for the thread jack. I may go ahead and cut the hole out my next day's off when I do the CCV mod. OH yea, I ordered shocks also :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
I posted a link to the WIKI here on replacing the CPS and they removed it, stating it violated there rules. SO I found the rule. You can help people by giving them information, but it can ONLY be information found on there site. :nono: WOW how helpful is that???
Just one of the many reasons why to make SuperDutyDiesel your mainstay :thumbs
If you get jammed up tackling opening the air intake tube drop me a PM I'll hook you up with my celly :cowboy:

Bill

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Just one of the many reasons why to make SuperDutyDiesel your mainstay :thumbs
If you get jammed up tackling opening the air intake tube drop me a PM I'll hook you up with my celly :cowboy:

Bill
Thanks Bill :sweet

Yea I took there info off my site, Tom can tell you about the dumn rules they have over there that seem to hinder people in finding solutions and learning, to me thats not the purpose of forums. :dunno Last week I scraped off the FTE sticker I used to have, replaced it with a TS performance one. LOL one more reason for us to get one here :thumbs

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
Hey Ryland,

I gave up on FTE. I tried to help people and get them fixed or modded the way I thought would be the best/cheapest and was constantly getting deleted and edited. They also would not let me even link to tech articles from sites not selling anything to compete with them in any way

I respectfully asked the webmaster how I could link to a couple of repair and tech articles and he immediately got nasty with me. His position is that he is only willing to help people if it puts a dollar in his pocket.

I will never visit that site again. Their rules and the webmaster's attitude will keep me from doing business with anyone who sponsors that site as well.

Rant over, It really pissed me off though. I did not feel I did anything wrong. And his attitude towards a friendly and respectful question was unforgivable.

Makes me appreciate Max Power, 95 Stroker, CHPMustang, etc.

Tom

P.S. Here is a copy of the last couple PM"s that went back and forth. I wish I had saved more of them.

I thought this forum was about helping people with problems and modifications?

Tom

My staff likes to eat three meals per day, wear shoes, sleep in-doors and provide for their children's needs. Which of them should I fire so you can promote our competitors on our web site?

Sir,

I did not realize that my few posts had significantly affected your yearly sales projections. I also did not realize that a few links to other websites was jeopardizing one of your associates continuing employment with your company. I was under the (apparently ignorant) impression that if you offer quality products at a competitive price, then you would have few problems in this one facet of running a successful business. I would think that satisfied customers would be singing your praises all across the net. Nor did I imagine that something as innocuous as a technical write up, designed to help people diagnose a problem with their vehicle, would pose such a significant business threat. Apparently strictly because it is on another website.

I apologize for my ignorance. I have run a successful construction company for 15 years now. I currently have 26 employees. 67% of my customers are repeats. I am amazed that I have survived this long in my extremely competitive industry with such an ignorant philosophy. I guess I am just incredibly lucky!

I understand paying for overhead. I also understand keeping people in the dark about their options. I am forced to conclude that this website is only designed to help people as long as helping them puts a dollar in your pocket only. I don't know why I am surprised. Again, I blame my ignorance of successful business practices.

I would like to request that you remove my user name from this websites members directory. Also (if possible), I would like to request that all of my posts be removed from your forums. I do not want any new users aware that I was ever associated with your company or website. Thank you.

I will be forwarding a copy of these PM's to your outside sponsors and informing them that I will refrain from doing business with them as long as they sponsor this website. I will also seize every opportunity to direct people away from your products and website.

Sincerely,

T.H. Collins
kwazyca

OK this time it really is over :rolleyes: :p

Last edited:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep - I was a BIG member over @ FTE, but very little Ford Enthusiasm there :).
ended up asking for my membership money back over "Vic's" super**** lies....
and got it and haven't been back since....

keep up the good work here !!!!

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
ended up asking for my membership money back

keep up the good work here !!!!

On a different level, I modded my truck a year or so after I got it with exhuast, guages, and intake. I have spent the last 5 years reading the other sites forums for a general understanding of how a diesel engine works, and what will help prolong the life of the truck I bought to last me 20 years. I think there are alot of people like me out there. I have good mechanical skills and can work on a hotrod gasser all day long. What I found at that site only confused me more, and I feel it has turned into a race of which guy can mod his more than the next. I then could not make any decision on what kind of chip or tuner to use for my truck. I would post a thread on the topic and it would run on for days with guys seemingly only arguing who had the best burns, and with the lowest egt's, and let's start a test between all the different chip burners, with blah, blah blah. I still do not completely understand my engine and how it works, yet I can build a small block chevy in my sleep. I eventually bought a SCMT 1705 because a guy I bumped into sold his truck and the price was a steal. A short time after I was referred to this site by CHP, and It's what I've been looking for all along. It's fun to see a video every now and then of some guy ruining his truck running 12 or even 11 second quarter miles but is that what we really bought these trucks for? I finally have enough power for the truck to get out of it's own way, and I'm happy. I'm glad to have met CHP and Fire1 though not for very long, they are two nice guys that live close, and have learned a few more "must do's" once CHP saw under my hood. Anyway, there's a little background on myself, and I think when it comes down to it that's why most of us are here. I love my truck and anyone that has one like it and feels the same way is a friend of mine. I do still venture over to the other site for now but only for the classified section, and I'm waiting for the day I will not have to do that anymore.

The reason I started this thread was the "asking for my membership money back" I never really thought of it that way. I don't know if the guys running this place are doing it out of there own pockets or what, but I'll annie up to keep this thing we have. I'm sure sponsors will cover the expenses at some point, or maybe they all ready do, but if they don't send me a pm and I'll do what I can.

Thanks, Budro

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I agree with you Budro, I would be willing to help out to keep this site going, to me its well worth it.

Sorry to hear about that Tom. I had PM'ed one of the mods about my post and his response was that it was against the rules and that he hoped that helped. I responded yes it did help, help me decide to take my support elsewere. It was a bit longer than that but that was the basic theme. I also told them I wanted a refund on the membership.

It does make you appreciate the great attitude and atmosphere and the hard work that Bill, Stroker, Daryl, and Max put in over here even more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg