stolen truck

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
They may as well said, it will cost you $200 for him to show up, that is the cost to offset him out writing tickets.

The stupid cities think that cops are cashiers for the city, not to protect the citizens as property as it was in the past.

same here in chi town. its not POLICE its CASHIER.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell our SUBDIVISION has to "contract" (read PAY) the
local constable to "patrol" the ol' 'hood...imagine what
"service" you'd get if all you did was pay your taxes !?!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now wait a min., we dont know if a mexican took this truck...
i hate thieves AND lazy <power hungry> cops !

Since the radio was on a Mexican language station, That gives you the first clue..

Not taking any of the drive train, gives you the second clue.

The lettuce bits left on the floor give you the third clue.

Mark Hastings

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The E-series has a solenoid before the starter that activates when the ignition is on then in the crank position the solenoid on the starter is activated so what I would suggest is to locate a solenoid from a 98 E-350
some place and bring all your power feeds to it just the way they are at the starter now run a wire that will be hot in the on and crank position to activate that solenoid and now the feed cable for the starter before you run that you will need to hunt down a master shut down switch that will take a key(they are out there I've seen them before I put them on construction equipment) now you can locate that any place you would like in the truck or under the hood and run you cable to that and then to the starter and bingo you have just cut all power to the starter but yet the rest of the system will still energize and without a strong power source near the starter it will be a good deterent and I would think about the hidden switch for the fuel pump also, if you love your truck no length is too far go to stop people.

Last edited:

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the 5 pound super halon extinguisher on a solenoid venting into the cab would stop them...

Course... they'd still be there when you got back, and with the lettuce and the heat, you'd have a regular greasy hamburger waiting for you! LOL...

LAJones

Strokem if you can
Reaction score
I had a vehicle stolen with a Viper alarm years ago. I quit buying alarms after that. I am paying insurance so let them replace the losses. Sure it is a pain but I haven't had a vehicle stolen since not having an alarm. Funny huh

BIGYELLOW

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have already been told by the dealer where it is at that it will be about 15,000 to 18,000 dollars to fix the truck back. They also said if I insist on new seats in the truck that they will more than likely total the truck. I will fight the insurance company because they do not own my truck I DO! And if they only want to do a half ass job to fix my truck then I will only pay them half the premium!

JRJ04

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a fuel pump kill installed in the houston area...my neighbor just had his stolen out here in sugar land, they found it (parked next to an '08 with paper tags on it!!!) and just had the $1200 viper put on it. But from what i'm seeing those arent the answer. so where in houston could i get this kinda work done? i dont think id wanna tackle that myself.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your friends had a 1200 dollar viper alarm he got ripped big time !
pull the starter relay, install some jimmi jammers and pay your insurance
premiums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58