Talk about the 7.3L CPS Here!

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never lost a CPS in over 750,000 miles of driving the PSD... Dont carry a spare, never will...

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never lost a CPS in over 750,000 miles of driving the PSD... Dont carry a spare, never will...

Mine went for 345,000 before going out but it was intermitant. While at road speeds would shut out then come back. At that time I wish I had one to fix on the side of the road instead of having to drive 200 miles so I could get one.

rikkip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 F350 and never have had a problem but my 2000 Excursion is a different story. Its not any fun when you truck decides to shut down and sometimes not start back up. Because of that I also bought a spare for the F350.

hard.way

non-*****er
Reaction score
can someone tell me why my 2000 f350 / 7.3 acts as if the cps is bad ONLY when it rains? when it's nice out, it runs great.:dunno

kemorris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rainy Weather CPS Failure?

can someone tell me why my 2000 f350 / 7.3 acts as if the cps is bad ONLY when it rains? when it's nice out, it runs great.:dunno

I too have problems with my 99 F250 PSD dying when it is raining, only to restart right away. Also the ABS light will come on during the rainy weather. I don't have any ideas yet, but will try to recreate the weather with a garden hose. If that works, then I'll try to pinpoint with a spray bottle of water. The only good thing is that I don't deliver Hay in the rain. One of the previous post about a short in the wipers makes me think also. I only run my wipers when it rains. I'll keep you posted.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
i had CPS symptoms over a year. the truck died on me twice and the gauges would flicker. it fixed itself after those two times. I still have a spare anyway. unfortunately it was at 60 bucks.

dmd

Reaction score

Lost mine at 82K.... Maybe I will find ya on the side of the road and sell you my spare. The seem to go out at the worst time. Is $20 worth the hastle
of stopping in the middle of the road, someplace 100 miles from the part you need?
I was in a campgound when the neighbor last his CPS. He didnt believe me, or want to pay me $50 (the price I paid) for the CPS. He had it taken to the dealer and paid $400 for labor and part. Took 2 days, and delayed his trip. I though it was funny.

dmd

Reaction score
I too have problems with my 99 F250 PSD dying when it is raining, only to restart right away. Also the ABS light will come on during the rainy weather. I don't have any ideas yet, but will try to recreate the weather with a garden hose. If that works, then I'll try to pinpoint with a spray bottle of water. The only good thing is that I don't deliver Hay in the rain. One of the previous post about a short in the wipers makes me think also. I only run my wipers when it rains. I'll keep you posted.

Check the fuse box. Some had windshield leak issues that would drip on the
fuse box and cause strange problems.

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been carrying the spare CPS for over 30k now, truck just turned 96k on the clock. I do some long trips and for the sake of knowing I have one it makes the trips easier. Sure gets hot out in the desert on a summer day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64