The crap is hitting the fan...

seandrisc

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hopefully they will get it worked out ih and ford are planning a rally this year so they will sure try to work things out

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mite be a good time to put a Yellow Diesel under the hood of the F-350 & F-450s LOL:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I still don't understand why FORD just doesn't use one of their Europeean market diesels?...

Because their European diesels don't meet EPA standards, and it takes YEARS to certify an engine, THAT is why you don't see European diesels in U.S. spec trucks. VW had to pull out of the diesel market for a year. Daimler/Chrysler had a success with the Jeep Liberty diesel, it was killed because the diesel engine used could not meet the U.S. standard.

IMHO, the U.S. is totally anal about emission standards. It's sad to know that the air coming out of the new 6.4 engine is in some places cleaner than the air going IN.

Blame the greenies who want nothing more than all Americans to ditch their vehicles, ride bicycles and walk, and where available, use mass transit. It works in Europe, but there is no great mass transit infrastructure in the U.S. In Europe, you don't really NEED a vehicle. You can set your watch by the train schedule.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VW exceeded the US EPA spec...the problem is the EPA keeps
MOVING the target...between emissions & fuel changes VW decided to
pull out and let things settle.

MB, VW, Audi all have fine SUPER clean burning diesels...the TDI has
been around for years...and the new v10 diesel from VW has proven
that they can develop the hp & torque (and still be clean).

the european mfg's have had bluetec and other urea based diesels...
long before the EPA demanded clean burning diesels.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
not according to this article.

on a side note - look at the caption under the picture of the Citroen - the diesel-powered Citroen gets "57.4 miles per gallon of gasoline". It would help if the reporters were not totally stupid.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I'm by no means a greenie, but I want the diesels to be cleaner than gas engines. Diesels have had a bad reputation and I want that to change. Plus global warming will not stop with out cleaner vehicles, and people stop cutting down the rain forest.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
if you factor in diesel (the European models) getting more than twice the mileage, you get your wish. Pollution is going to be caused by burning a gallon of fuel. Which pollutes more; going 57 miles on one gallon of diesel or going 57 miles on 3 gallons of gasoline?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58