The crap is hitting the fan...

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't even get me started about "Global Warming"... It's just a screen to keep the sheeple's minds off how bad they're being screwed in this country. In the early 70's it was global cooling... maybe in 5-10 years it will be global moderation... Doubt that... we'll all be goose stepping by then...

ANYWAY... I can see the point about having a cleaner engine, but there is a point of diminishing returns. If you have so much pollution crap on your engine that it eats as much fuel as a gasser, it's kinda a moot point, is it not? I can remember following R model Macks with the 350 Maxidyne and strait 5 speed... under the right conditions, you didn't need your sunglasses anymore.

Today's standards are plenty fine... for both gas and diesel engines. Trouble is the green weenies can't say that because they and their bureaucrats would be out of a job. And we can't have the gov't getting any smaller now, can we?

rray32539 - I completely agree with you.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm by no means a greenie, but I want the diesels to be cleaner than gas engines. Diesels have had a bad reputation and I want that to change. Plus global warming will not stop with out cleaner vehicles, and people stop cutting down the rain forest.

I, for one, love to see black smoke pouring out of an 18 wheeler with a big CAT in it. :sweet

the only time global warming will be bad, is when the second coming of Jesus happens, and the earth will be burning up with a fervent heat.

these politians and tree huggers have screwed with everybodies mind. people today are pretty bold in thinking that we punnie humans can control the weather system, and that we can do so much damage with our big ole honkin diesels.

God is in control, we are not. He is the one that made the seasons, the trees, the rivers, why cant we just leave it up to Him? i think he knows his own creation alot better than we do.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cow farts are a larger contribution to the polution problem than cars
and trucks combined...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
cow farts are a larger contribution to the polution problem than cars
and trucks combined...

I've heard that also. With that in mind, I think I'm going to do my part in preventing global warming by hopping into my diesel pickup, drive into town and get a double bacon cheddar cheese burger for lunch. :thumbs :thumbs

WITH ONION RINGS!!!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
TG: i was laughing pretty good at that one too. Glad to see others are doing their part. I too will hold up my end of the deal....

as for the engine deal = NOT GOOD NEWS

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
I work for a dealer and Ford has yet to release a statement. I believe the 6.0 reinbursement issues are a major problem in this. We have repaired thousands of 6.0 problems.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Update!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard that also. With that in mind, I think I'm going to do my part in preventing global warming by hopping into my diesel pickup, drive into town and get a double bacon cheddar cheese burger for lunch. :thumbs :thumbs

WITH ONION RINGS!!!!

Scratch one cow contributing to global warming. BURP!!
character0104.gif
yummy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58