water4fuel

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
well i tried making a generator out of an old battery, and found out that it has a bad cell that was sucking much more juice and not producing what it should. so that was a lot of wasted time. i think i am going to make my own tank, rather than a battery, to see how much a larger generator can pump out and @ what amperage draw.

robinson

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
guys i think you mis the point any mpg inprovement is well worth the effort the web sight i have using is water4gas.com look at this sight it will show how to make generator using home products and you can read how they made one for a big rig

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
food for thought....(also i need to post this so i dont lose it!)

7.3 liter engine:
@ 1500 RPM = 5475 liters per minute (LPM) of air
@ 500 RPM = 1825 lpm of air

2.9% STOICH RATIO = 159LPM FOR FULL THROTTLE OPERATION @ 1500 RPMS ( 0 PSI BOOST ), 53LPM @500RPM

1/3 THROTTLE = @1500RPM - 53LPM, @500 RPM - 17.5LPM

5L OF HYDROGEN PER MINUTE = 3% THROTTLE @ 1500 RPMS, 9.4% @ 500

these numbers are based on stoich., just to use as a reference point. feel free to check these #'s as i often make mathematical mistakes! i will begin making my generator tomorrow, i am going to try to keep it in the realm of 30amps or below (can be adjusted with electrolyte levels). i want to see how many LPM of hydroxy i can get with no more than 30 amps draw.

one thing that worries me , and i need to look into it more is hydrogen embrittlement of the metal.

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
HYDROGEN GENERATOR
This is what you need to make, i would not PAY for plans or anything like that, this is very simple technology.

i am going to build one that will be approx. 8-12" wide and will act as the front wall of the truck bed. i am going to try and do this asap and get some real world testing numbers, because diesel just hit 3.39 around here, and at the rate its rising it will be more economical for me to stay home rather than go to work.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
HYDROGEN GENERATOR
This is what you need to make, i would not PAY for plans or anything like that, this is very simple technology.

i am going to build one that will be approx. 8-12" wide and will act as the front wall of the truck bed. i am going to try and do this asap and get some real world testing numbers, because diesel just hit 3.39 around here, and at the rate its rising it will be more economical for me to stay home rather than go to work.

Zookster were are you getting fuel. That's a bargain.:eek::lmao

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do thry use for the rods in the water? arent they called cathodes or something like that? can you use copper tubing?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to make a hydrogen generator myself.

how many plates and how big is the question now. looks easy enough to make just want to make sure its big enough. also think i might try running my mower on 100% hydro. for experimental purposes.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
speeder..... that was sposed to be a 4.39.....nice catch, got you all excited!

banana.......this might be some good reading, to get an idea of what is happening inside the generator.

anode (+) and cathode (-). any metal can be used, however; i experimented with aluminum step flashing (aprox 30ga. 4"x6" plates) and the positive charged side started to show holes through it after 1 hour. the reason for this is because the oxygen forms at the positive charge, and oxygen likes to bond with something (thats why oxygen in its elemental form is O2). the lone oxygen atom will oxydize the aluminum, lead, copper, steel, and eventually just eat it away. in my case i had aluminum oxide falling out of the solution. it will work with any metal, but the electrodes wont last long unless you use stainless. stainless should last VERY long compared to the soft metals, however it is pricey. i am working on making a tester unit to see if it warrants the cost of buying stainless for the final product.

also, another thing to consider, wich i am going to be playing with in my tester generator but havent figured out yet.......will a heavy electrolyte concentration make the generator work faster, allowing a smaller unit to be built and draw more amperage, essentially being "worked harder" or does it only work faster to a certain point where it plateus HHO production/amperage draw.

within a week or so i should have some results/answers to our questions from my tester. dont forget to make a bubbler chamber if you make a generator, and i also will be designing blow out plugs to keep the tanks from exploding should there be an accidental ignition. HHO gas is volatile and burns extremely fast!

i am aiming to keep the draw at around 30 amps, i think that is a safe spot for not cooking alternators, draining batteries at idle, and i also think that drawing more amps than 30 in a small generator (1'x2'x8") would start to create too much heat, and start to warp plates, causing them to short and pop fuses or ignite the gas and go boom. lots of options.....the whole idea is so simple that its very flexible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14