water4fuel

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
ok....so the tester unit is coming along slowly (need to acquire some materials to finish...) but i have been doing a lot of research, and found that ammonia might be a better "ingredient" than water.

from what i gather from all the reading i have done:
-electrolysis with water produces H H O, and requires 33 Wh/g H2.
-using ammonia will produce (per 2 ammonia molecules) 3- H2 (total of 6 hydrogen atoms), and N2. it requires 1.55 Wh/g H2.

BASICALLY, what all that means is that using ammonia instead of water theoretically requires 95% less energy input (amps) for the same hydrogen yield. I WILL BE TESTING THIS!

BANANA - did you start your generator yet?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find some stainless steel pipe in different diameters. My friend has already picked up some of the materials but the stainless is expensive. think we're gonna try a cylinder design maybe 12-17 inches tall.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
stainless is expensive
VERY!!!! thats what i am waiting on as well. i think i am going to try a tester without stainless i think, it wont last long but will get me some numbers to work with. i am going to try making a "wound wire" design, because i think i have a lead on heavy guage stainless wire for not too much money.

michael521

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I read with great interest your ideas and methods, I was wondering if a system that used a variable production rate , one where cells could be energized as needed, to regulate the output of hydrogen and the amount of current needed to produce the hydrogen , I also wondered if hydrogen output should be directly related to boost level, throttle position, percent of load or all 3 . My brother and I have been facinated with the viability of a system to supplement the combustion process, We were not looking to use hydrogen as the primary fuel just a supplement. I am sorry I do not know how to paste the active links like everyone else does , but I have found some good info at this site and two or more like it. Hydrogen generator update - Bio Fuels Forums

Last edited:

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i think for a large diesel engine, you would want your HHO generator running "full bore" to get any kind of results out of it. i think for the most part our trucks dont boost much, if at all, under average driving/cruising conditions (running empty or lightly loaded).

HOWEVER... it would be very easy to design a variable rate/boost controlled unit. using different pressure switches you could have progressively more cells running as boost rises. also, if you are into making circuit boards, i have seen on you-tube a few videos of pulse width modulated electrolysis machines, that could be made infinatly adjustable.

This is VERY interesting, simple, flexible technology that hopefully we can get to work for us.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may be on to something here. Two materials that would probably work great and are very oxygen resistant are inconel and molybdenum. I wouldn't know for sure which alloy of inconel would be best though. The only other thing that I know is that they (molybdenum especially) are extremely expensive so I doubt anyone would get a chance to try them out. Just be on the lookout for it I guess. Molybdenum was right around $65,000 per ton on the website I looked at.

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After digging around on youtube I learned two things: 1. The device used to split water is way too easy to make. 2. You don't have to pay that webpage however much they want for some plans on how to make it.

I'm going to have to get a small Briggs and Stratton engine and try this out. Then maybe a cheap beater car like a Honda for a daily driver. Hmm, the boat??? Doesn't it float in water?

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking today about a product that i saw in a 4 wheel drive magazine a while back that could take two batteries and give you 24 volts but not effect the rest of the vehicle. it was used to power a winch to increase the line speed. if i could use such a device for the generator it seems it would create more hydrogen. right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14