Question Well I found that oil leak...

dpantazis

Reaction score
if you are getting that much oil, and you are going to take the time to clean and install pipes and boots, stop the source of oil, you think you should also get rid of the oil in the 'sump pit' to keep your clean system from getting contaminated? your call....

JRJ04

Reaction score
if you are getting that much oil, and you are going to take the time to clean and install pipes and boots, stop the source of oil, you think you should also get rid of the oil in the 'sump pit' to keep your clean system from getting contaminated? your call....

well what would cause so much blowby?

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
yes........i have a bit of blow by......you can see it sometimes.

There is oily residue on the end of the hose and the smell of ccv fumes while idling with the windows down but..........i have never noticed any oil on my driveway and i don't have a fowled intercooler system, boots that blow off or oil accumulating in the valley.

Tbar

x 2;tu

JRJ04

Reaction score
how would one know if their intercooler is fouled? when i rev the thing from idle...it blows out white smoke (maybe a blue tint to it). almost sounds like it hicups a bit when i do it too. if i put the chip back to stock...revs fine no smoke at all. is that a sign that oil is in the intercooler? cracked injector cup?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

Do you have the racor system or did you make a home made setup?

Yes, the Racor set up.. (but I've Mod'd it with my own, Homemade filtration)

Joe

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
does your home made system keep from creating too much backpressure? Thats the only thing I'm worried about. If you create too much backpressure I know you can blow seals.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does your home made system keep from creating too much backpressure? Thats the only thing I'm worried about. If you create too much backpressure I know you can blow seals.

100+K, no issues. The ONLY thing home made about my CCV set-up is the filtration.. It's ALL Racor, so the initial cost is still the same. I just took issue with the replacement cycle of the Racor filters, and their cost, so I did some exhaustive "Shade-geneering" (maybe 20 minutes worth ?) at my bench and came up with my deal.

Back on Topic..... JMHO but the stock CCV on these 7.3s leaves a lot to be desired... as I'm sure other would agree. Yer call JR :dunno

Check yer HPX fittings yet ?

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Check yer HPX fittings yet ?

Joe

I did, and the driver's side is definitely leaking cause I can see it running down the back of the valve cover, but whats weird is i dont see a trail that runs from the fitting down to where i see oil coming out of the turbo boot.

What still has me worried is that when I rev it, it blows out white smoke and hicups a bit. Is that mean theres oil in the I/C or is this something still injector related?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14