Question Well I found that oil leak...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did, and the driver's side is definitely leaking cause I can see it running down the back of the valve cover, but whats weird* is i dont see a trail that runs from the fitting down to where i see oil coming out of the turbo boot.

* Gravity and whats called Cappilary Action can be the Weird part. Things leak over here.. but drip or make a wet spot... over there.... with no trail in between ? Oil can do Weird stuff.

What still has me worried is that when I rev it, it blows out white smoke and hicups a bit. Is that mean theres oil in the I/C or is this something still injector related?

X 2 on what Dave sez. Injector issue maybe. I/C ? No.

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CCV mod line ran out to back bumper, and greased the back side of the bumper up real good, and dripped wherever and whenever I parked. I got sick of the mess and the smell, so I put in CCV filter like DP and Joe, but a bigger model (Racor 4500), and I like it a lot better than the CCV mod. It is designed to control the pressure difference between block and intake. It drains the oil back into the engine when it's shut down.

CCV filter wasn't cheap but combined with new boots it's a lot cleaner now. Pix of the install are in my gallery fyi...

dpantazis

Reaction score
j: have you checked the plugs in the heads for leaks? the ones on the back for the fuel gallery and oil gallery? you might find an inspection mirror on a stick helpful. dp

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what sort of injector issue would we be talking about? cracked injector cup? bad injector? they were all fine when i left the dealership.

It's impossible to say.. but when it comes to injector issues ? I'm in favor of replaceing them in Complete sets of 8... from a reputable source.

When you say.. "they", does that mean ALL 8 ?

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
It's impossible to say.. but when it comes to injector issues ? I'm in favor of replaceing them in Complete sets of 8... from a reputable source.

When you say.. "they", does that mean ALL 8 ?

Joe

yea, but at 350 a pop...thats just killer. why would it do it with the chip on, but not in stock?

I'm thinking I need to replace the HPX line, and get the ccv mod done.

JRJ04

Reaction score
so would you think this is possibly a bad o-ring, cracked cup, or just a bad injector all together?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
how would one know if their intercooler is fouled?
by taking it out and cleaning it out..

when i rev the thing from idle...it blows out white smoke (maybe a blue tint to it). almost sounds like it hicups a bit when i do it too. if i put the chip back to stock...revs fine no smoke at all.
normal. unburnt fuel going down the tailpipe. differences in injector timing.

is that a sign that oil is in the intercooler? cracked injector cup
neither and negative.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14