Window tint

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am in the "get-it-done" crowd. I have made two attempts at tinting and both were failures. The first was many years ago. The second was three days ago. I wanted the lower 4" of my front boat windows tinted to keep out the glare from the water when running into the sun. I figured since the windows are flat and I only wanted to do a 4" strip then how hard could it be. After 2 hours and many ruined strips I had two out of the three windows done but only one of them looked worth a darn. I then tore off what I had done and threw all the tint new and used in the trash and moved onto another project. I will be taking the boat in for tint this spring before the river breaks up. NEVER AGAIN will I buy tint in a roll.......

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Crumm it probably says on the roll that it has to be above -40 .....:p duh

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Ya think??? :roflmao I was thinking that the cold air would help stick the tint.

It is 60 degrees in my shop.. I don't work out in the :crumm

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
We are having a hot streak around the Bay Area. It was 75° here today, with more to come before we go back to winter. I will take all of the heat at this time of year.

Dave :) :) :)

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
That's the main problem with high school kids.:eek: Print this post and read it 20 years from now. The phrase "if I knew then what I know now" will come to mind as you laugh at yourself.
Bryan

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
TexasExcursion said:
Unless you've got experience, pay someone to do it for you. I'm glad I could keep my Texas tags up here; I've probably got the darkest windows in the whole state of Mass. :thumbs

sure about that?you can barely see into my 94 during the day.and at night forget about seeing out of them,i gotta roll the windows down to back up.i havent been busted yet,had it for 3 years.i think up here commercial vehicles are exempt from the tint laws.but when i go for the inspection sticker i roll the windows down before i pull into the parking lot :sweet

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
now thats funny :roflmao what other site can you go on and give a moderator a hard time without getting in a pissin match over it.:sweet :thumbs

Last edited by a moderator:

1HiLimo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Check with the state before you have it tinted.i do it prof. and my opinion is to have it done,its a lot harder than you think. but the percentage is b/t 18-20.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Most professional shops offer a free lifetime warranty and even some will replace damaged film after it has been installed within so many months/years:sweet

Some shops go up and beyond normal customer service expectations:thumbs

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Is there a law that says you are REQUIRED to have side glass? Just keep the stuff rolled down, pull the fuses before you get to the inspection station, and if the inspection guy says why don't the windows roll up, say the truck is modified as a "semi-open roadster" :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58