modifying 94-95 timing cover for 96-up HPOP

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry bout the last post. Thought there was just one page of posts. Ok, let's see what you end up with. I think I would have gone another way still. Any time you cut a gasket you have to be careful. But you might be on to something bigger in the future for us guys with older engines. Keep up the good work Rich, I wish I could get my stuff done as quick as you do. You must have ADD. lol
Dann

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
Radarman said:
Ok.. here goes. I have ordered the reseroir and gasket. Once they come in, I will be starting on this and will send pics and such of the install. Between the two of us, we should have a set of instruction and pics shortly.

here are the part numbers I ordered:
F6TZ-6658-AA - RESERVOIR ASSEMBLY - $124.99
F6TZ-6619-AA - GASKET - $4.99

I am thinking that we can modify a spade drill bit that will make a nice grove for the standpipe. If it works, I will include a pic of that as well.

sorry i missed your call today,i didnt have a chance to call you back.if you want call me tomorrow some time.should be a little bit of a calmer day tomorrow.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
dansk said:
You must have ADD. lol
Dann

as a matter of fact i do.

but anyways it seems to be working fine.i havent checked it since the other day but i will check to make sure it didnt drain anymore or how much more it did drain.

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Rich, with you all the way. Always have been, you know that. I can't believe the power you are putting down with your engines. Anyway, will be following your post and getting knowlege. I'm with you bro.
DANN

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok i guess i can half officially say that it has worked.i checked it today and the level is a hair lower than the last time i checked it about 6 days ago.i still havent driven it yet though,still waiting for an injector.

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK Rich, what's happening? Everything going good or is there some wrenches being thrown into the spokes? I think that you are on the right track on this one, just how to approach it. Inquiring minds want to know.
Dann

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
wel last time i checked the reservoir was still almost full.havent touched the truck in a week.but my injector came today so ill hopefully know more tomorrow.:sweet

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hope those gaskets hold up to the heat and cold. Time will tell. would hate to have to see you pull the engine again. That would suck.
Dann

Radarman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my reservoir in last week. Father and law and I are talking about how to make the o-ring grove. Probably will work on this this coming weekend. I have my clutch out right now, so I cant test it either. Should be on the road here soon...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track