Opinions needed

Is the $500 difference of a new 1-ton dually worth getting it over a 3/4 ton SRW?

• 2500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 3500HD SRW (Single Rear Wheel)

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • 3500HD DRW (Dual Rear Wheels)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
After taking into consideration some of your helpful comments, I've pretty much eliminated the dually.
After thinking about it, I decided to go wtih a SRW truck for these reasons:
-Whatever we get for a bigger/newer camper in the future, it won't be so monsterous that it will require a 1 ton dually. Whatever we get, a 3/4 or 1 ton wil handle it.
-Unloaded dually handling in the snow is a definate consideration. A squirrelly handling truck in a blizzard is definately a minus.
-Car washes, ATM's and drive throughs is a consideration. The ATM at my local bank I have to fold my driver's door mirror in just to get my current truck through.

So I'm down to the SRW trucks. But I haven't discounted the 3/4 ton truck just yet. After looking at the towing specs in the brochures, the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks are virtually identical in trailer capacity. The chief difference I see so far would be carrying capacity in the truck itself. I'd think the 3/4 ton would ride smoother in every day/unloaded situations.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Springs are usually the difference between the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

Dave

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
id rather have my duallie in the snow than a srw.

It must not snow much out there or you are :dizzy

6x6 duallies :D are ok, but nothing beats a SRW 4x4 in the snow. 6x4 duallies will get stuck on flat ground, locker or not.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
we get plenty of snow.honestly ive only been stuck with my duallie twice,because of the running boards.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I voted 1-ton SRW because..
an auto trader told me once that you get the biggest, most optioned up thing you can get your hands on.. it holds value better than the "second best"
and he also told me dually's are hard to resell from a trader's standpoint because they're viewed as "specialty" and not for everyday use..

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
I voted 1-ton SRW because..
an auto trader told me once that you get the biggest, most optioned up thing you can get your hands on.. it holds value better than the "second best"
and he also told me dually's are hard to resell from a trader's standpoint because they're viewed as "specialty" and not for everyday use..

id agree with that.duallies are hard to sell.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14