Thinking of trading in your diesel on gas??

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I removed my lift, removed my 35's and am completely stock other than my Exhaust & cosmetic mods. I parked it in my garage and so it sits... washed, waxed and in complete darkness. We drive my girl's 4cyl Suzuki as much as possible and keep that thing tuned up in tip top shape. During the week I drive a company car which is a 4cyl G6; used to be a cc/sb v8 gmc 1500 2wd but gas prices made that disapear too. And yet we still drive minimal amounts. It's insane what fuel has gone to. And I don't see as many SD's running around tampa either for pleasure use, mainly company only use. Things have changed to say the least. At this rate I'm averaging probly 5k or less miles per year on my SD. I'd sell it or trade it but I'm so screwed in that dept I'm better off keeping it and just leaving it parked in the garage.

Last edited:

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I removed my lift, removed my 35's and am completely stock other than my Exhaust & cosmetic mods. I parked it in my garage and so it sits... washed, waxed and in complete darkness. We drive my girl's 4cyl Suzuki as much as possible and keep that thing tuned up in tip top shape. During the week I drive a company car which is a 4cyl G6; used to be a cc/sb v8 gmc 1500 2wd but gas prices made that disapear too. And yet we still drive minimal amounts. It's insane what fuel has gone to. And I don't see as many SD's running around tampa either for pleasure use, mainly company only use. Things have changed to say the least. At this rate I'm averaging probly 5k or less miles per year on my SD. I'd sell it or trade it but I'm so screwed in that dept I'm better off keeping it and just leaving it parked in the garage.

Man what a shame for a truck like that to go to waste

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know... but I can only afford so much Arse raping. :dizzy and it's garaged (it fits!!) now which is a big plus. And it's still a sharp truck and bigger than a smart car, prius, Xa etc.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have to drive mine as a daily driver. Lucky for me I only work 5 miles from home so I can go a month +/- a day before I have to fuel up. But whats funny is the truck gets better mileage then my jeep in the city and hwy.
Jeep gets 14 city and 18 hwy
Truck gets 16 city and 22 hwy

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
My deal here is that if diesel keeps going up in price, at what point do they not make economic sense anymore?

Diesel has a LONG history being cheaper than gas. I'll withhold judgement before declaring that it will stay higher. This short stint proves nothing to me. IMO, it has to come back down below gas prices. America's freight is moved by diesel.

TampaDieselFX4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They keep diesel just high enough to offset the price of owning one for most folks. It's always about %18 more expensive... which is "randomly" how much better mileage most diesels get vs their gas counterpart.

kenholl

Reaction score
They keep diesel just high enough to offset the price of owning one for most folks. It's always about %18 more expensive... which is "randomly" how much better mileage most diesels get vs their gas counterpart.

"THEY"who?

"It's always about %18 more expensive" That has only been the case in 2008. Historically diesel has been cheaper than gasoline.

What facts are you basing these statements on? Got a link to a diagnostic report of some kind?

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel has a LONG history being cheaper than gas. I'll withhold judgement before declaring that it will stay higher. This short stint proves nothing to me. IMO, it has to come back down below gas prices. America's freight is moved by diesel.

More like diesel HAD a history of being cheaper than gas. I'll be surprised if those conditions (diesel cheaper than gas) return.

The global markets, big oil will pretty much insure the era of cheap oil is over.

Keeping your PSD in the driveway, parked is not a waste at all. You, as a consumer are sensitive to the prices being charged @ the pump. These trucks can't no longer be driven as a daily driver w/ 1 person to their job.

Butch Cassidy

kenholl

Reaction score
More like diesel HAD a history of being cheaper than gas. I'll be surprised if those conditions (diesel cheaper than gas) return.

The global markets, big oil will pretty much insure the era of cheap oil is over.

If that's true, I'm not sure how you interpret that to mean diesel stays higher than gasoline. The "global market" price of a barrel of crude affects gasoline too. Supply and demand is what has pushed diesel higher.

Not sure I understand if you guys have facts that you base these statements on, or if you are just sharing opinions without a foundation of facts. For instance, have you heard any analysts say that diesel will stay higher forever?

These trucks can't no longer be driven as a daily driver w/ 1 person to their job.

Uh... I beg to differ with you. Somehow I managed to drive mine to work today, after swinging by Starbucks.

Funny, I just realized that I didn't even think about the price of diesel this morning. There was no diesel anxiety as I backed out of the garage...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58