Question What did you do to your truck today?

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
in the last week I have been installing a :
BD thruster Turbo (gtp38r)
regulated return
fuel bowl delete
hpox line
intake heater delete(cummins oil drain plug)
CCV mod with catch can and 4" stainless pipe
foil delete(so I could fix the hole from the power steering pump fitting)
painted the I/C tubes and intake spider
removed about 50lbs of nasty sludge from the intake valley

Shwew, I'm tired.

I will have pics posted in the perf section in a day or so.

LonestarBronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I opened the box with new bypass filters.

Then I ordered synthetic oil for the transmission, transfer case, and both axles from AMSOIL. That 150,000 mile mark is getting close.

Thanks Dane! (MJ Synthetics)

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Drained my 70 gal aux tank of last year's vegoil residue and filled it with fresh B20. I keep forgetting how well she rides carrying 110 gallons of fuel. :hail

Last edited:

97DISEASEL

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Removed oil cooler Sun. Disassembled, replaced O-rings and gaskets. Reassembled yestersday. Flushed the five gallons of coolant. Drove around and no more leaks. :D

Michael

Gauge Guy
Reaction score
Okay, this update is actually for last week, when I finally put insurance back on the truck and resumed driving it after the winter. I've mostly been driving my TDI Jetta. I had an NHRDA race this past Saturday, and I figured I should drive my truck since it is normally more consistent than the Jetta. Bringing the truck also allowed me to bring my camper so my daughter could go to sleep at her normal time (it was a late race).

First step was to charge the batteries. I had run my truck about once a month through the winter (usually had to move it for one reason or another). The batteries were fine through the coldest part of the winter, but this time they were completely flat. After a few days of attempting to resurrect them (mostly running desulfation), they appeared to be fine for the races. In the late rounds at the race, the truck started to do some weird things (drawing a lot of alternator current). Turned out I had an intermittently shorting cell in one battery, and it was dragging the other one down in a hurry. After loading the camper (after everyone but track employees had left) I found out the truck was unable to crank at all. After a track employee gave me a jump start (had to disconnect the bad battery before even that would work), I was back on the road. Next day - new batteries from Wal-Mart, and replace my stress-cracked front rotors and repack the front wheel bearings. This was a miserable job since it was raining, and I didn't really want to take the camper off so I could do it in the garage. To top it off I was sick as heck. Also added a post-turbo thermocouple back on. I had previously stolen that thermocouple to put on my Jetta, as I had good access to install it when I had the transmission out a couple of months ago.

The brakes are noticeably better. I had thrown new pads on just before the winter, and noticed the stress cracks in the rotors and consequently ordered replacements. Last week I drove to the beach (over a mountain range) then to Southern Oregon (through more mountains) with the camper on, and it was nice to have better brakes!

Late last night I decided to move the truck back to its parking spot in my backyard (a graveled area). When it's wet back there I usually back it into place so I can keep the tires on the gravel. It looked dry enough that I just drove down and figured I could venture off the gravel to turn around. Big mistake. I'm waiting for this upcoming dry weekend to get it out of the mud...

Regards,
Michael Pliska

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had the time to have new tires put on yesterday. Bought four brand new Michelin LTX M/S in 265 75 16. I was shocked at the difference in ride over the stock BFG's. Nothing bad against the BFG's though, I just should have replaced them 5000 miles ago!

Next up is the new Bilsteins that I ordered. they will be here Monday. Didn't want the wife to get jealous so I ordered a new set of Bilsteins for the wifes Durango as well. (She got the new Michelins last year)

atk

Reaction score
tire rotation....(wish i had new tires)
flushed..........p.s and hydro-boost system,(then installed new p.s pump)new fluid
flushed..........transfer case and new fluid
installed.........new belt and air filter
adjusted........steering box(much better now)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58