Pics Of Our New Peterbilt Parkin' Lot

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i like that color, eye catching and understated at the same time

one thought from a different point of view, i'm a heavy wrecker driver

stay away from those low bumpers. even if it's new, it may end up on the hook sooner or later. with the stinger 5th wheel, a wrecker can't pick it up high enough to clear the bumper without dragging the stinger. the texas bumpers may look good, but if it has to be towed, it's gonna have to come off. just to get the t bar under it, i need 6 1/2" of room with out the adapters on it.
there's gonna be a labor charge to take it off, and a charge to put it back on, and warrenty won't cover that.

but, it's still a beautiful rig no matter what you do with it.

we have learned our lesson on those cow catcher bumpers. they are not for car haulers.

we dont want to add/take away anything on this truck to cause more headaches for ourselves. this rig was special ordered to do one thing, HAUL THEM 4 WHEELERS. if it looks good doing it, thats ok.

bumpers aint cheap, so i would never (again) put a big TX bumper on this one.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice rig...clean ! i was surprised how many "petes" i saw last week between
asheville & houston...and in that VERY color configuration.

by "purpose built" do you mean no luxuries ?

when we gonna get some shots of the interior ?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
nice rig...clean ! i was surprised how many "petes" i saw last week between
asheville & houston...and in that VERY color configuration.

by "purpose built" do you mean no luxuries ?

when we gonna get some shots of the interior ?

for the interior shots bush, click on that link. several in there to look at.

by purpose built, that means that the suspension, wheel base, tire size, short hood, smaller fuel tanks, split tanks for hydraulic/fuel, etc. are specifications that you consider for a car hauler.

Peterbilt is one of the few manuf. out there that really accomodate to the car hauling industry. they offer low low air suspensions, short hood vs. long hood (saves about 12" in overall lenght of the truck)

I think Peterbilt offers 3 diff. interior classes. our interior is the middle one i think, but its very nice.

you can order a "no luxury" type truck, but the overall savings are not that significant. plus they are just ugly looking.

Last edited:

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
The big question is when will it be hitting the road to make some money? I hold back new trucks to long even when they are ready to go because I worry that the guys won't care for it as much as i do and they will beat the crap out of it or not take care of it.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The big question is when will it be hitting the road to make some money? I hold back new trucks to long even when they are ready to go because I worry that the guys won't care for it as much as i do and they will beat the crap out of it or not take care of it.

We loaded 7 units on it yesterday. First payment is due Nov. 15th. so its hitting the road now.

6 units to atlanta and 1 to ocoee, fl. gonna be putting more units on before heading to FL tho.

this driver is not your typical driver, he will take good care of it.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That is good that it is hitting the road to make some money. The problem that I have with my guys, is that they really use all the same trucks and are not designated to any particular, so they just use it and abuse it. They do have designated service trucks, but are not always driving them. Since the Vactors and Pumpers cost so much I can't have one truck for each guy so they all use the 10 that I have. I find myself washing them on the weekends when I could be doing other stuff.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Stephen I like the fact that Denton installed a sirius ready AM/FM/CD receiver thus saving having to add a separate unit for reception:sweet

Your driver already activate the unit or did it come with like a 6-12 month free sub?

I'd be one pleased customer having my car delivered on such a nice transporter!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We loaded 7 units on it yesterday. First payment is due Nov. 15th. so its hitting the road now.

6 units to atlanta and 1 to ocoee, fl. gonna be putting more units on before heading to FL tho.

this driver is not your typical driver, he will take good care of it.

Boy Bama... Yer Real Lucky to have a "Not yer typical Driver" to put out on the road with that new truck... He'll be sweat'n Barb-wire.. I would be.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I know this is kind of off subject, but maybee Bama knows the answer to this question. Being in Michigan I see alot of daycab car haulers hauling from the plants here in Michigan and I wonder how they can rest. I think the limit for hours on the road is 14 so I wonder if these trucks go out and come back, thus limiting their range of distance. Something I have always wondered.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen I like the fact that Denton installed a sirius ready AM/FM/CD receiver thus saving having to add a separate unit for reception:sweet

Your driver already activate the unit or did it come with like a 6-12 month free sub?

I'd be one pleased customer having my car delivered on such a nice transporter!

I'm gonna have to call to activate it bill, and yep, its a nice feature. it also has a weather band.

here are some fresh pics with some cars loaded on it, and a couple of unique features for loading and chaining down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14