Pics Of Our New Peterbilt Parkin' Lot

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I know this is kind of off subject, but maybee Bama knows the answer to this question. Being in Michigan I see alot of daycab car haulers hauling from the plants here in Michigan and I wonder how they can rest. I think the limit for hours on the road is 14 so I wonder if these trucks go out and come back, thus limiting their range of distance. Something I have always wondered.

Your day cab drivers are usually only running in a certain mile radius. So they load, go unload, come back and load again, and so on and so on.

If by chance they did have to lay over, they get a motel room. I have some buddies that drive day cab car haulers here locally out of the honda plant in lincoln, al and out of the rail yard in birmingham, al. they are usually home every night of the week.

the bad thing about their job, is that when they get unloaded, they have to dead head back to the terminal to get another load, unless they are close to another terminal that they can load to coming back

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Ok that is kind of what I thought, but never really knew what was going on. I do see a few car haulers that have sleepers, but they are mostly from out of state. They are all pete's though.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Im not sifting through this 3 page thread so if this has already been asked, oh well, - so when you gonna put in bigger injectors and make it scream?!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Im not sifting through this 3 page thread so if this has already been asked, oh well, - so when you gonna put in bigger injectors and make it scream?!

Now now Peter. Its interesting that you ask that tho. this CAT is a 475hp, but can be turned upto a 550hp. we could do that right now, but to the tune of 2500.00.

Once it reaches 50k or 100k, it dont cost anything to do that. and at 100k they suggest running the overhead on the engine.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats that mean ? reaching 50 or 100k (miles assuming) ?
and whats "overhead of the engine" mean ?

i wanna ride in that mutha sometime !

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
whats that mean ? reaching 50 or 100k (miles assuming) ?
and whats "overhead of the engine" mean ?

i wanna ride in that mutha sometime !

OK Bush. I was talkin to my driver a few minutes ago, he told me that when the engine gets broke in some the valve springs tighten up and they go back in and adjust the valve springs. that is running the overhead.

CAT recommends doing that at the first oil change which is around 10,000 miles or so.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm will correct me if I'm wrong but nowadayz (with PCMs & such).. "Running the Overhead" is like "Re-Racking the Fuel Rails & Valves" in the Ol' Dayz. It amounts to: Hookn it up to a (CAT) Scanner/Diagnostic computer, look at where it was, new, compared to where it is now HP wise.. and based on alot of other info.. they will get with the owner and recommend what it can be "Turned Up to" based on the owners needs and wants. Or, just be re-adjusted from X-K of wear. Simply put: a Tune Up or a Turn up.

Kinda like what we do with these "Corn Binders" but without FORDs permission:) ;) :roflmao

Last edited:

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bama I spotted a rig just like yours the same paint job and everything... was wondering if your driver came through Dallas, Texas today on I-30? Tryed to catch up with the rig but I got a call. You've got one sweet Pete.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a popular paint scheme...and im sure every driver on the road
who i pulled up next too <and gave a hard look at> last week thought
i was nutz.

Stephen...what kinda mpg is that thing getting <loaded / unloaded>...
whats the tank sizes / range ?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Stephen...what kinda mpg is that thing getting <loaded / unloaded>...
whats the tank sizes / range ?

Well, its only got around 500 miles on it so far, so no real MPG numbers yet. If it gets around 4.5 to 5, you are doing real good. Once its turned upto 550hp, it should improve alittle.

Both fuel tanks are 120 gallons. because of the low air ride susp. you dont want to put the bigger 200 gallon tanks on a car hauler (weight & ground clearance)

the driver's side tank is 120
the pass. side tank is a split tank, 84 fuel / 36 hydraulic fluid.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14